1.17.2006

Several days ago I bought a Smokey Robinson CD entitled My World: The Definitive Collection. I honestly don't know from my own experience if it is definitive but every one on there is good.

I bought this CD because while I was still on break, my father played a few of his favorites (Papa likes R&B? didn't really know that :) and I liked them so much I listened to the whole CD on Rhapsody and then the other night I found it for 12.88 at wal*mat so I bought it. It was a good buy, I have listened to it through about 4 or 5 times and I really like it think that I have also succeeded in driving my roommate crazy though he hasn't told me.

On a different note -

What started out a playful game ended in disaster for two college students today in Lubbock.

Tuesday Night- Eric Ritchie and Jerry Chen were walking to the local Sam's Place joking with each other and discussing the class movie as they normally would. When they reached the door to the Chitwood/Weymouth complex they had their usual banter about who would open the door for the other. Jerry says "I always try to be the one to open the door for the other person."

It's true, we found that he has a reputation around the College of Architecture for standing for 15 minutes at a time to hold the door giving time for everyone to make it to class. Eric on the other hand is a "stuck up, self-satisfied prig" according to classmates who didn't want to be identified.

At the first door Eric conceded to Jerry and allowed him to hold the door open. Given the chance to hold the second door Eric took the chance, at that point Jerry dived for the other door, determined not to let Eric hold the door for him. Noting that Jerry was not going to accept the favor Eric went to cut him off and keep him from opening the second door. An eyewitness said "Yeah, I don't know what that white kid's problem is. It looked like assault to me..."

Regardless of motive, all agree that Eric pushed Jerry into the glass fronted fire extinguisher panel. The resounding crash could be heard all over the expansive lobby. Eric's only response was " it was already broken". Use of the particular panel was discontinued in 1993 when more up to date methods of fire suppression were retrofitted into the building.

School officials said they have not yet decided if they will press charges.

-Our Special Correspondent

5 Comments:

Blogger LN said...

Just don't bring it home with you, I think you will find the rest of the family highly unappreciative of your new tastes in "music."

And, in case you can't read, those fire extinguishers usually say "use hammer to break glass," not "use Jerry's head to break glass." After such a display, I might have to agree with your unidentified classmates.

17 January, 2006 22:50  
Blogger ShapeNoteSinger said...

sorry I can't calmly comment on the music---I'm still choking on the "press charges" part.

How's Jerry's head?

xo

18 January, 2006 15:39  
Blogger ThePizzaPizzaMan said...

it was actually his shoulder and it's ok

18 January, 2006 16:41  
Blogger ShapeNoteSinger said...

phew!

How much does your new music have to do with your late behaviour?

hmmmm?
>>:-\

xo

19 January, 2006 14:16  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I never knew that you could be so violent! :D I'll have to tell Stacey about it.

(Also, hope you come visit us sometime soon!)

19 January, 2006 16:07  

Post a Comment

<< Home