12.12.2005

On Saturday night I saw The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe and I was very impressed. The fact that it was so close to the book was the second best part. The first best part was that the move was executed without totally overdoing the special effects. The overall effect was a great movie that I could probably watch over and over if I wanted to (or if I was around the little kids).

I must say that I was crying (not bawling) off and on for probably the first 30 minutes because, more than any other story I grew up with I have wanted to see this done, and done well. I am happy to report that it was done well. To those of you who are wondering about LotR -- for me that story wasn't really an important thing to me until I was about 12. TCoN was read to me at a very early age by my father and then I picked them up soon after.

Particular things I liked in the Movie: the Landscapes and outdoor sets, The actors (particularly Lucy - or was it a young Eleanor Green?), the dialogue was good (if not great), Tumnus was excellent too... can't think of any more but I know I will pick up more when I see it again.

I can't wait for the other 6!!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Laura Kathryn said...

Was the dialouge not straight from the book then?
I am very glad to hear your reccomendation for I value your opinion very highly; it makes me happy to know they have not degraded or shamed one of the most wonderful books ever written.

12 December, 2005 21:42  
Blogger ThePizzaPizzaMan said...

as far as I know the dialogue is not straight from the book.

I take it as a great compliment that you value my opinions.

*bows*

13 December, 2005 00:03  
Blogger Life is better in the South said...

Yeah! Lucy reminded me of Eleanor too! GREAT MOVIE! Oh, I'm Eugenes sister.

Peace.;)

13 December, 2005 11:46  
Blogger van Danne said...

I'm glad to hear you liked it, I've been excited but a little apprehensive. And it would be very difficult to translate the book's text straight to a movie because the stories rely so much on Lewis' brilliant narrative prowess.

13 December, 2005 13:31  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We haven't seen it yet, but we hope to after we get done with our trip.

16 December, 2005 14:50  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All I could think about whenever I saw Lucy was Miss Eleanor Green when she was about 7 or 8.

18 December, 2005 17:14  

Post a Comment

<< Home