12.28.2005

I read an excellent short biography today of JRR Tolkien on the Tolkien Society website. I reccomend that y'all should read it.

In addition, I am pasting in a section from another part of their website:

"On January 3rd Tolkien fans around the world are invited to raise a glass and toast the birthday of this much loved author at 21:00 (9 pm) your local time.

The toast is "The Professor".

For those unfamiliar with British toast-drinking ceremonies:

To make the Birthday Toast, you stand, raise a glass of your choice of drink (not necessarily alcoholic), and say the words 'The Professor' before taking a sip (or swig, if that's more appropriate for your drink). Sit and enjoy the rest of your drink.

Here is the entry form."

You can count me in on this one.

Hope everyone is having a great school holiday.

Signing Off...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I won't be able to go. For one thing I'm only thirteen, and Mom would probably not want me to. But it's best to obey one's parents. :)

29 December, 2005 12:01  

Post a Comment

<< Home