11.14.2005

Here, for your enjoyment, is a picture I took about a month ago at a church campout.

We drove north of Lubbock to Palo Duro Canyon and spent one night at the State Park there. It was fun but it was COLD!

If I went again I would have to be a little better prepared. I didn't have my sleeping bag with me at school so I tried the old "two blanket trick" but it was way too cold for that.

I like how in this picture if you look really hard you can see the sky in the background. It was a timed exposure (length was about 5-8 seconds) and so you ge the cool blurry effect.

Signing off...

5 Comments:

Blogger Androphenese said...

that is really cool that you were able to get a picture of such quality in the dark. i guess the timed exposure thing helps.

14 November, 2005 15:51  
Blogger Jennifer R. said...

Very cool. Palo Duro is so lovely.

14 November, 2005 21:40  
Blogger ThePizzaPizzaMan said...

I actually balanced the camera on the mirror of a handy truck that happened to be near. Never could have gotten such clarity without a steady surface.

14 November, 2005 22:28  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol, you definitely were not the only iceberg of a kid that night. very nice picture, by the way.

15 November, 2005 09:31  
Blogger Lynn Bruce said...

Ooooh, I camped there on a student senate retreat when I was at Tech. Beautiful place; great sunsets.

Very nice shot.

15 November, 2005 17:11  

Post a Comment

<< Home