9.19.2005

There is an eccentric black gentleman who rides around the city of Lubbock on his modified bicycle. The bike has no seat; but rather has the pedals there where the seat should be. This sounds awkward you say? Yes it kind of is.

Another thing I have seen is that periodically he will wear a black cape, I have been told that he is the unofficial mascot of Texas Tech, who knows.

Because his pedals are where the seat goes it requires him to perch up high, it can't be comfortable but you always see him in this fashion. In fact many people have seen him, just about every one has some story about meeting him or a friend meeting him. But I never could find out his name.

Well yesterday night I met him for the first time. He was riding in front of Varsity bookstore and he asked for some change, I was sad to inform him that I had none but I promised him I would give him twice as much next time. Well he turned and started to ride away but I called after him to ask his name.

He told me his name was Cornelius

Signing off...

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a neat piece of humanity.
He had to be Cornelius; it's perfect.
-K

19 September, 2005 18:30  
Blogger ShapeNoteSinger said...

God bless Cornelius!

xo

20 September, 2005 19:34  
Blogger Androphenese said...

way cool, way cool...

20 September, 2005 21:31  
Blogger van Danne said...

I thoroughly enjoyed that post Eric. Blog Hall of Fame material.

HEY!! How are you??

21 September, 2005 10:08  
Blogger ithchick said...

After reading this post, I actually dreamed about it, last night. Only his name was Victor. Very wierd.

21 September, 2005 10:21  
Blogger ThePizzaPizzaMan said...

Glad to see these comments : ) Good to see you Dan, doing great.

Would you believe it I actually worked on this blog a couple days to get it right. I am glad it is HoF material

Very strange about your dream IP, Hope you get over that : )

signing off...

21 September, 2005 13:02  
Blogger aikou Iesu said...

That is awesome that you got to meet him. Cornelius does sound good. Hope we all get to know him.

21 September, 2005 18:19  

Post a Comment

<< Home