8.07.2005

You know, I love storms. We are currently experiencing a rainless strom right now. In other words we are getting a lot of wind and there are big storms to the south and west and there is lots of lightning. It really is exciting...


My love of storms goes back about three years...


Best I can recall it was February of 2003 and I had just started delivering pizza for Domino's. It was a dark and stormy night (it was!) and we were BUSY. Sometime after dark it began hailing and the hailstones got up to the size of racketballs - it was scary. Just trying to drive down the road was an event, the hailstones were pounding like hammers and scaring me to death. Several times I had to take refuge behind buildings and at one point I ran into a 6 or 8 inch deep pool of water in the road. It stopped the car like I ran into a wall (I was probably going 25 miles an hour). I had to fetch the pizza off the floor on that one (silly old inertia) but the pizza was ok.

During that storm I was not particularly enjoying it, but one verse was running through my mind the whole time:

The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. Psalms 19:1

I believe that God protected me during that storm. Since then I have come to enjoy storms more than fear them. Every time a heavy one blows through I think about the power that God's storms are created with and it amazes me.

Signing off...

Big Wave's related post

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

E, I love storms too. I love the way you just know in your bones that there is nothing in the world more powerful than our Lord. I love the promise of a storm almost as much as the storm itself and my favorite lullaby is rain on a tin roof. No particular scripture comes to my mind during a storm but I always catch myself thinking of that old hymn "It Is Well With My Soul". It's thundering here now and I'm getting ready to praise and sing!
Love Kebby

08 August, 2005 08:03  
Blogger aikou Iesu said...

Ditto kebby, I love storms! That verse is a good one to remember when in a storm. I like what I think you said in class about opening the front door with only the screen door there and sitting in the living room with a blanket just watching a storm come in. I have only heard rain on the side of the house but I think that hearing it drop anywhere is soothing to the ears. I think that is how God sometimes soothes my soul and is one of the ways that He shows me how great He is. That He controls powerful storms that no one can control. I read something in a book that puts it perfectly, and will have to blog it later. Have a great day!

11 August, 2005 10:49  

Post a Comment

<< Home