8.03.2005

Today, August 3rd, saw the grand opening of the newest IKEA store in Frisco, Texas.

For those of you not aquainted with IKEA, it is a swedish-based furniture store with an equal amount of space devoted to kitchen and home furnishings.

I was there, as you probably guessed, and had a lot of fun too.

The place was packed and I mean PACKED! We waited 30-40 minutes to get inside then when we went to the check out the line it was about 400 yards long (seriously, four football fields).

Amazingly, they planned this VERY well and there was not a time when we felt neglected; From standing in the sun, when we recieved fold up screens and cold bottled water to the checkout line when employees walked up and down with granola bars and orange juice.

I regret to say that in walking around, I really didn't get to look at the furniture. I hope that some day soon I will be able to go back for a more thorough look 'round.

If you ever find yourself with the chance of getting to visit an IKEA for an afternoon then I would reccomend going at least once. Before you go take warning: hide your credit cards and allow yourself a limited amount of cash -- because if you are like me it is easy to add it up...

While you are there ponder "the consumer" and its place in the food chain.

Signing Off...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home