8.04.2005

An interesting thing has happened to me, this past week I have listened to more talk radio than music-- and not only talk radio but political commentary.

*gasp* -- not that!


I have actually enjoyed it (otherwise I wouldn't have continued) and I have found it is more of an amusing waste of time than a help. On the one hand I am learning about the most current events, on the other hand all the information I get is spun so hatefully that you have to wonder how much is real and how much isn't.

This week I have listened to two shows consistantly. On the liberal side of things is the show called "The Majority Report" -that one is consistantly Bush-bashing. On the conservative side of things is the show called the "Savage Nation" the fellow who runs this show, Dr. Michael Savage is of the Bush-is-a-sellout crowd of ultra conservatives. There are certainly middle of the road shows out there I just don't have experiences with them.


Now I won't go deeper into what these shows say, you can look that up for yourself, but there was one similarity that struck me about them and that was how both radio hosts felt that if Bush kept having his way about things that the US (yes, the nation as a whole) would disentigrate. Both shows exude this feeling of hopelessness that is saddening.


Very saddening...they seem to have no hope.


But there is hope, but not through political channels,


"Not by might, not by power, but by my Spirit, saith the Lord of hosts" Zachariah 4:6

2 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer R. said...

My dad would say that you need to check out Rush Limbaugh (or Lembough or however you spell it). I don't think he's a Bush basher. It always makes me mad when people insult the President, because even though you know I am not the most political of people, I love our president and think he is a good man. He understands where the hope for the country lies. So he's cool in my book.

04 August, 2005 22:30  
Blogger ThePizzaPizzaMan said...

I will have to check out Rush Limbaugh I don't know when he is on the radio. I guess that I nave to give him a fresh chance because all I ever hear about him are bad things -these of course from talk radio.

As for Bush we have to continue to keep him in our prayers.

05 August, 2005 08:30  

Post a Comment

<< Home