7.21.2005


A friend of mine wrote this poem, his work is rather original in my opinion...this comes from his life work *in progress* called The Book of Nonsense. (he is just to my left in the blue shirt)

Chapter The Twentieth
By Kyle Highful

One day while I was bright and merry,
Standing up on certain ground,
As sunlight glew upon a cherry,
Moonbeams were falling all around.

When suddenly, my life was battered,
And my brains were out of control,
As peace was quite quickly shattered,
I felt such agony in my soul.

For hark! Hark! saith I.
Gaze upon the horizon blue!
For falling from the cloudless sky,
There cometh drops of glue.

Alas! thought I, in ignorance and folly,
It surely will stop as night draws nigh!
But the rain brought melancholy,
And continued falling from the sky.

Running now for yonder cover,
Hoping to escape the glue,
I began to realize my blunder,
As droplets clung unto my shoe.

Ducking beneath a sticky tree,
Feeling trapped under sky and foliage too,
The realization came to me,
I was surrounded by increasing glue!

When out of the blue expanse,
My rescuers I saw,
For pink elephants made me wet my pants,
And they flew through glue and all!

Finally! I thought at last,
They’ve come to help me through.
And indeed they carried me away quite fast,
As we plowed through the fading storm of glue.

4 Comments:

Blogger ThePizzaPizzaMan said...

It would be important to note that this picture is the Leadership Team of Reformed University Fellowship at Texas Tech. We are assembled here with Derek Webb and his wife Sandra after they played a concert for us last year.

25 July, 2005 22:10  
Blogger Unknown said...

hey pizzapizzaman, you want to join my blog??? go to pbyouth.blogspot.com and check it out. No, you don't have to be pb to join.

31 July, 2005 16:59  
Blogger ThePizzaPizzaMan said...

That's ok, I rarely have enough time to post to my own blog. Thank you for your invitation though. : )

01 August, 2005 18:43  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loved the poem. I'm a huge fan on nonsense and hope to see more of this on your blog. You amaze me!

05 August, 2005 23:07  

Post a Comment

<< Home