7.20.2005

Ahh, what a fun couple days - I stayed both Sunday and Monday nights at the Stokers ranch outside of Chico Texas. The second night we spent on a houseboat on a beautiful creek and took potshots at turtles and buzzards with our .22s.

An interesting thing occured to me on Tuesday afternoon.

On monday morning I prayed at breakfast that they would get some rain, their tank is about 10 feet low. By the afternoon a few showers had passed over and they got a little bit of rain. It wasn't until the next day that I realized that my prayer had actually been answered and I had not even been bothered to be thankful for it.

I don't know how to wrap this up but needless to say I think I should be more Godly minded - answered prayer is an amazing blessing which shouldn't be taken lightly.

My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O LORD; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up. For thou, LORD, wilt bless the righteous; with favour wilt thou compass him as with a shield. Psalm 5:3,12

7 Comments:

Blogger Lynn Bruce said...

Eck... I love ya buddy, but you're killing me with this tiny font. Please have mercy on your aging auntie?

QS, sitting here on my sofa having a hoot with Gravygal, Fa-So-La-La, Shieldmaiden and two cats... Jeeves and Shadow

20 July, 2005 20:09  
Blogger ThePizzaPizzaMan said...

Ah, for you o Queen, I will change my font size...

20 July, 2005 22:42  
Blogger Lynn Bruce said...

Ahhh, that's better. What a nice guy. Many thanks.

Good to get to visit with you last night. Spuddy Buddy felt big to get his chance at the phone, too -- thanks for making his evening complete. ;-)

Hope you enjoyed the conciliatory offering I sent to you via Gravygal. heh heh heh.

21 July, 2005 07:21  
Blogger Androphenese said...

ddi you take that picture, pizzapizzaman?

21 July, 2005 07:53  
Blogger ThePizzaPizzaMan said...

Yes. That is the creek we stayed on Monday night. I took the picture late that afternoon...

21 July, 2005 20:11  
Blogger aikou Iesu said...

Amen. That is a great post and a good reminder for everyone!

30 July, 2005 18:14  
Blogger ThePizzaPizzaMan said...

welcome Big Wave, I am glad to have you posting on my blog.

I enjoyed the "What movie are you" quiz on your blog, I was Indiana Jones. heh heh : )

01 August, 2005 21:23  

Post a Comment

<< Home